The Sourcing Governance Foundation course provides a basic knowledge of what the main concepts of Outsourcing and Sourcing Governance are and how they can be applied. Outsourcing IT services has changed the management context for providing the business with the IT services it needs. Operational control is transferred into management of commercial relationships, contracts and coordination of the services from specialized suppliers. Best practice shows that implementing and operating a Sourcing Governance Function will require staff awareness and understanding of the key principles and concepts of outsourcing and sourcing governance. In this course an interactive approach is used combining lecture, discussion and exercises.
- Recognize and understand the key concepts of Outsourcing and Sourcing Governance
- Understand the changing role of the IT organization when Outsourcing
- Understand the challenges of implementing and operating a Sourcing Governance Function
- Learn the terminology and definitions related to Outsourcing and Sourcing Governance
- Prepare for the Sourcing Governance Foundation Exam
Who should attend:
Professionals working for both client and service provider organization in the IT industry who have little experience in outsourcing.
Exam & Certification:
Sourcing Governance Foundation
Instructor-led classroom or virtual classroom
Earn 14 PMI PDUs
Earn 25 COP points towards certification by IAOP
Earn 15 CEH points for recertification by IAOP
Some experience working in an IT organization is recommended.