Course number: 085078
Course length: 4.0 day(s)
Course Objective: You will describe software quality concepts that will prepare you for the CSQE certification.
Target Student: This course is intended for software quality professionals with a minimum of two years’ experience who wish to seek certification to validate their professional experience with an industry credential, and also for software professionals such as programmers and engineers who are seeking to widen their knowledge of methodologies, standards, and processes that are implemented to improve software quality in order to move into a software quality role.
Prerequisites: Students should be familiar with software development practices and basic principles of software testing, the software testing life cycle, and testing approaches and types. Students also need to have a basic understanding of creating test plans, creating and executing test cases, and managing incidents.
You can obtain the required level of skills and knowledge by taking the following suggested Element K course:
- Introduction to Software Testing
The instructor’s computer should have the following hardware configured:
- Intel® Pentium® IV 300 MHz processor
- 64 MB of RAM with 1.0 GB of free hard disk space
- CD-ROM drive
- Super VGA recommended (set at least to 800 x 600 screen resolution) with 256 colors
- Internet connection
Each computer requires the following software:
- Microsoft® PowerPoint® 2000 or later.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- describe basic concepts of quality and benchmarking.
- describe the importance of leadership skills in ensuring quality.
- describe effective team management skills.
- describe the professional and social responsibilities of a quality assurance professional.
- evaluate the various process standards and models to ensure quality.
- describe software project management.
- describe the various SDLC models and system architecture.
- describe software requirements engineering.
- describe designing, analyzing, and developing software using various tools and methods.
- describe a software quality management system.
- analyze various software testing techniques, levels, and strategies.
- describe different software testing plans, environments, tools, and inspection techniques.
- evaluate various steps involved in verifying and validating software documentation and deliverables.
- describe software metrics and analytical techniques.
- describe the concepts of software configuration management.
Lesson 1: Understanding Quality and Benchmarking
- Topic 1A: Introduction to Quality
- Topic 1B: Understand Software Quality and Benchmarking
Lesson 2: Examining Leadership Skills
- Topic 2A: Introduction to Organizational Leadership
- Topic 2B: Analyze Conflict Resolution
- Topic 2C: Evaluate Communication Management
- Topic 2D: Examine Issues with Communication
Lesson 3: Examining Team Management Skills
- Topic 3A: Examine Team Dynamics
- Topic 3B: Examine Team Decision-Making Tools
Lesson 4: Summarizing Professional and Social Responsibility
- Topic 4A: Examine Professional Codes of Ethics
- Topic 4B: Examine the Sarbanes-Oxley Act
Lesson 5: Evaluating Process Standards and Models
- Topic 5A: Introduction to International Standards
- Topic 5B: Introduction to the CMMI Model
Lesson 6: Examining Software Project Management
- Topic 6A: Examine the Software Project Scope, Plan, and Process
- Topic 6B: Examine Software Projects Tracking
- Topic 6C: Examine Software Project Risk
Lesson 7: Understanding Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) Models and the System Architecture
- Topic 7A: Introduction to Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) Models
- Topic 7B: Understand Agile Models
- Topic 7C: Analyze the Software Systems Architecture
Lesson 8: Examining Software Requirements Engineering
- Topic 8A: Introduction to Software Requirements Engineering
- Topic 8B: Analyze Software Requirements Elicitation
- Topic 8C: Understand Software Requirements Analysis
- Topic 8D: Examine Software Requirements Management
Lesson 9: Describing Software Analysis, Design, and Development
- Topic 9A: Introduction to Software Design Methodologies
- Topic 9B: Identify Software Product Quality Attributes
- Topic 9C: Analyze Software Product Reusability
- Topic 9D: Introduction to Software Development Tools and Methods
- Topic 9E: Examine Software Maintenance Management
Lesson 10: Examining the Software Quality Management System
- Topic 10A: Understand the Software Quality Management System
- Topic 10B: Examine the Software Outsourcing Paradigm
- Topic 10C: Analyze Software Quality Methodologies
- Topic 10D: Evaluate Software Process and Product Audits
Lesson 11: Analyzing Software Testing Techniques, Levels, and Strategies
- Topic 11A: Understand Software Verification and Validation
- Topic 11B: Examine Software Test Strategies
- Topic 11C: Examine Testing Types and Levels
Lesson 12: Analyzing Software Test Processes and Reviews Management
- Topic 12A: Examine Software Test Plans and Design
- Topic 12B: Examine Software Test Coverage Specifications
- Topic 12C: Identify Software Code Coverage Techniques
- Topic 12D: Identify Software Test Environments and Tools
- Topic 12E: Examine Software Reviews and Inspection Techniques
Lesson 13: Evaluating Software Verification and Validation Documentation and Deliverables
- Topic 13A: Assess Software Test Execution Documentation
- Topic 13B: Examine Software Deliverables
Lesson 14: Examining Software Metrics and Analysis
- Topic 14A: Understand Metrics and the Measurement Theory
- Topic 14B: Measure Software Process and Product Metrics
- Topic 14C: Employ Analytical Techniques
- Topic 14D: Introduction to Software Quality Analysis Tools
Lesson 15: Understanding Software Configuration Management
- Topic 15A: Analyze the Software Configuration Infrastructure
- Topic 15B: Understand Software Configuration Identification
- Topic 15C: Examine Configuration Control and Status Accounting
- Topic 15D: Examine Configuration Audits
- Topic 15E: Evaluate Product Release and Distribution
Appendix A: CSQE Certification Mapping